Download This Sample
This sample is exclusively for KidsKonnect members!
To download this worksheet, click the button below to signup for free (it only takes a minute) and you'll be brought right back to this page to start the download!
Sign Me Up
See the fact file below for more information on Larry Page and Sergey Brin or alternatively, you can download our 22 page Larry Page and Sergey Brin worksheet pack to utilise within the classroom or home environment.
About Larry Page
- Larry Page was born on March 26, 1973, in East Lansing, Michigan. Both his parents have backgrounds in computers. His father was one of the pioneers of artificial intelligence and computer science while his mother taught computer programming.
- Following the expertise of his parents, young Larry became interested in computers and technology. He studied a B.Sc. in Computer Engineering at the University of Michigan and earned his Master of Science degree at Stanford University.
- In 2007, Larry married Lucinda Southworth. The ceremony took place on a lavish island in the Caribbean.
About Sergey Brin
- Sergey Mikhaylovich Brin was born on August 21, 1973, in Moscow, Russia. His father, Michael Brin, was a Soviet economist. In 1979, the Brins emigrated to the United States to escape Jewish persecution in Russia. They settled in Maryland, where young Sergey spent most of his childhood.
- He graduated from the University of Maryland at College Park with a degree in mathematics and computer science. Upon graduation, he entered Stanford University for his Ph.D.
- In 2007, Brin married Anne Wojcicki, a biotech analyst. They have two children, Benji and Chloe. The couple divorced in 2017 but continued to appear together in public on special occasions.
Page and Brin: The Birth and Success of Google
- Larry Page and Sergey Brin met at Stanford while both of them were finishing their Ph.D. degrees in computer science.
- In 1996, the two collaborated on a research project where they created a search engine that listed results based on popularity.
- That same year, BackRub (the initial name of their search engine) was widely used on Stanford servers. By 1997, they decided to change the name to “googol”, after a mathematical term that is equivalent to ten to the power of a hundred.
- On September 4, 1998, after raising $1 million in capital from investors, family, and friends, the pair launched Google, Inc.
- In 1999, the first Google Doodle was launched after Page and Brin attended the Burning Man Festival. Since then, notable events around the globe have been represented through Google Doodles.
- Today, over 1,000 doodles have been made by a team of illustrators called doodlers.
- By 2013, Google became the most popular and largest search engine in the world with an average of 5.9 billion searches per day.
- The company’s headquarters is located in Silicon Valley, California. By 2004, Page and Brin were named billionaires. At this moment, there were 47,756 employees working for Google.
- After their great success, Google purchased Youtube for $1.65 billion in stock. In addition, other subsidiaries of Google include Blogger, DoubleClick, AdMob, Virus Total and Nest Labs.
- On January 5, 2010, their first Android phone Nexus One was released, competing with Apple’s iPhone.
- In a span of 12 years, Google has acquired over a hundred companies. Moreover, 88 languages can be used on their homepage.
- In 2015, Page and Brin established a new parent company, Alphabet, that covers Google and its subsidiaries. Both serve as Alphabet’s CEO and President, respectively.
- In 2004, both ranked No. 43 on Forbes’ 400 Richest People in the World list with $4 billion each in annual net worth.
- Both are advocates for a cleaner environment. They invested in Nanosolar, which produces thin-film solar cells that cover roof and wall surfaces.
- In Forbes’ 2018 List of World Billionaires, Page ranked #12 and Brin at #13, following Amazon’s Jeff Bezos (#1), Microsoft’s Bill Gates (#2), Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg (#5), and Zara’s Amancio Ortega (#6).
Larry Page and Sergey Brin Worksheets
This is a fantastic bundle which includes everything you need to know about creators of Google Larry Page and Sergey Brin across 22 in-depth pages. These are ready-to-use Larry Page and Sergey Brin worksheets that are perfect for teaching students about Larry Page and Sergey Brin who are computer experts and entrepreneurs who created the world’s most popular search engine, Google. Both are consistently included in Forbes’ list of world billionaires
Complete List Of Included Worksheets
- Larry Page and Sergey Brin Facts
- Men Behind Google
- From Garage to Cloud
- G Products
- About Google
- Via Google
- Google Users
- Virtual Competition
- Guess the Doodle
- YouTube Sensation
- Mapping My House
Link/cite this page
If you reference any of the content on this page on your own website, please use the code below to cite this page as the original source.
Link will appear as Larry Page and Sergey Brin Facts & Worksheets: https://kidskonnect.com - KidsKonnect, April 6, 2018
Use With Any Curriculum
These worksheets have been specifically designed for use with any international curriculum. You can use these worksheets as-is, or edit them using Google Slides to make them more specific to your own student ability levels and curriculum standards.