Download This Sample
This sample is exclusively for KidsKonnect members!
To download this worksheet, click the button below to signup for free (it only takes a minute) and you'll be brought right back to this page to start the download!
Sign Me Up
Mario Götze is a German football player who plays for the Dutch club PSV Eindhoven and the German national team. He plays as a midfielder but is known for his ability as an emergency forward.
See the fact file below for more information on Mario Götze or alternatively, you can download our 28-page Mario Götze worksheet pack to utilise within the classroom or home environment.
Key Facts & Information
- Mario Götze was born on June 3, 1992, in Memmingen, Germany.
- His parents are Jürgen and Astrid Götze. His mother is a housewife, and his father is a professor at the Dortmund University of Technology.
- As a child, he briefly lived in Texas because of his father’s profession. He also lived in Ronsberg, Bavaria.
- Mario’s brothers Fabian and Felix are also football players. Fabian is currently a free agent while Felix plays for FC Augsburg.
- His family is Christian.
- As a child, Mario played for local clubs SC Ronsberg and FC Eintracht Hombruch.
- Götze joined Dortmund’s youth academy when he was eight.
- Mario began his professional football career with Borussia Dortmund in 2009 as a substitute. He was soon promoted to the first team.
- Dortmund won the 2010–11 Bundesliga. Götze finished the season with the third-most assists in the league. He was named the Bundesliga Young Player of the Year for the 2010–11 season.
- Dortmund defended their title the following season. They also won the DFB-Pokal against Bayern Munich.
- In 2012, he suffered from a hip injury that negatively affected his performance.
- During his time in Dortmund, Götze was known for his chemistry with teammate Marco Reus.
- In April 2013, Götze announced that he was moving to his club’s rival Bayern Munich, which angered the club’s fans.
- Götze’s debut season with Bayern Munich was highly successful as they won the Bundesliga, DFB-Pokal, UEFA Super Cup, and the FIFA Club World Cup.
- Mario’s 2014–15 season started with a loss at the 2014 DFL-Supercup. However, Bayern defended their Bundesliga title.
- Mario finished 15th in the 2014 FIFA Ballon d’Or.
- The 2015–16 season was successful for Bayern as they defended their Bundesliga title once more and won the DFB-Pokal.
- In July 2016, Götze announced that he would return to Dortmund. They won the DFB-Pokal during the 2016–17 season.
- Götze’s last few seasons were negatively affected by his physical fitness, which resulted in reduced playing time.
- Dortmund finished fourth in the 2017–18 Bundesliga. In the two succeeding seasons, they finished second place.
- In May 2020, Borussia Dortmund announced that it was Götze’s last season with the club.
- In October 2020, Götze joined the Dutch Club PSV Eindhoven. He scored during his PSV debut.
- In August 2021, Götze scored and helped his team win the Johan Cruyff Shield over Ajax.
- In September 2021, Götze signed a new contract committing to stay with PSV until 2024.
- Mario debuted for Germany’s U-15 team in 2007. He advanced through the youth ranks and debuted for the U-21 team in 2009.
- Götze was given the U-17 Gold Medal in 2009 and the U-18 Gold Medal in 2010, in recognition as one of the best young players in Germany.
- He debuted for the senior team in 2010 and scored his first goal for them the following year when he was 19. He participated in the UEFA Euro 2012.
- Götze gained international recognition for his performance in the 2014 World Cup Finals.
- He entered the match as a substitute and scored the match’s only goal in the 113th minute, which granted Germany the title. He became the first substitute to score a World Cup-winning goal.
- The boot Mario was wearing when he scored was sold for 2.5 million dollars.
- His goal was named Germany’s 2014 Goal of the Year. He participated in the UEFA Euro 2016 but failed to make the squad for the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
OUTSIDE OF FOOTBALL
- Götze began dating German model Ann-Kathrin Brömmel in July 2012. They became engaged in 2017 and were married in May 2018. Their son Rome was born in 2020.
- In 2011, Götze signed a sponsorship agreement with the sports equipment brand Nike.
- In 2017, Götze was diagnosed with myopathy, a muscular disorder.
- He was featured on the cover of the video game “Pro Evolution Soccer 2015.” Mario is interested in tennis and is a fan of the player Rafael Nadal.
Mario Götze Worksheets
This is a fantastic bundle that includes everything you need to know about Mario Götze across 28 in-depth pages. These are ready-to-use worksheets that are perfect for teaching students about Mario Götze who is a German football player who plays for the Dutch club PSV Eindhoven and the German national team.
Complete List Of Included Worksheets
- Mario Götze Facts
- Meeting Mario
- Team Mario
- Getting to Know Götze
- Super Mario
- Awards Checklist
- Football Dictionary
- Club Collection
- The Pride of Bavaria
- Legendary Teammates
- What’s Happening?
Link/cite this page
If you reference any of the content on this page on your own website, please use the code below to cite this page as the original source.
Link will appear as Mario Götze Facts & Worksheets: https://kidskonnect.com - KidsKonnect, January 27, 2022
Use With Any Curriculum
These worksheets have been specifically designed for use with any international curriculum. You can use these worksheets as-is, or edit them using Google Slides to make them more specific to your own student ability levels and curriculum standards.