Download This Sample
This sample is exclusively for KidsKonnect members!
To download this worksheet, click the button below to signup for free (it only takes a minute) and you'll be brought right back to this page to start the download!
Sign Me Up
Ronda Jean Rousey is an American professional wrestler, actress, author, mixed martial artist, and judoka. Her nickname is Rowdy which was succeeded from late professional wrestler Roddy Piper.
See the fact file below for more information on the Ronda Rousey or alternatively, you can download our 24-page Ronda Rousey worksheet pack to utilise within the classroom or home environment.
Key Facts & Information
Early Life and Education
- Ronda Rousey was born in February 1, 1987 in Riverside, California.
- Her father is Ron Rousey and her mother is AnnMaria De Mars.
- Ronda’s mother was the first American to win a World Judo Championship in 1984.
- Ronda Rousey is the youngest of three daughters.
- When Rousey was three years old, they moved to Jamestown, North Dakota so she could obtain intensive speech therapy with specialists at Minot State University because she had apraxia, a neurological childhood speech sound disorder.
- Ronda Rousey left high school early, but earned her GED later.
- Ronda Rousey started judo with her mother at the age of 11.
- Ronda Rousey’s mother used to wake her up in the middle of the night to rehearse judo techniques. She was only allowed to go back to sleep after she locked her mom in a submission or escape one.
- Ronda Rousey qualified for the 2004 Olympic Games in Athens when she was 17. She was the youngest judoka in the entire Games.
- After Ronda Rousey became the first American woman to earn an Olympic medal in judo by winning bronze at the 2008 Summer Olympics, she started her professional career as a mixed martial artist in 2010.
- Ronda Rousey started with the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) in 2012.
- She is presently signed to WWE and performing on the Raw brand.
- In 2002, Ronda Rousey won US Open Junior Gold Medalist. In 2005, she won US Open Senior Gold Medalist.
- Ronda Rousey won a gold medal at the World Junior Judo Championships in Budapest, Hungary in 2004.
- In April 2006, Ronda Rousey became the first female US judoka in almost 10 years to win an A-Level tournament when she claimed gold at the Birmingham World Cup in Great Britain.
- In 2013, Ronda Rousey became one of the first two female coaches on The Ultimate Fighter.
- Ronda Rousey is the first Olympic medalist to hold a UFC title.
- Ronda Rousey had a two and a half year undefeated streak in the UFC. She became the first female champion in the promotion’s history and was the longest ever reigning UFC Women’s Bantamweight Champion.
- Ronda Rousey also became the first female fighter to be formally introduced into the UFC Hall of Fame.
- Ronda Rousey was the first mixed martial artist to win an ESPY Award.
- Ronda Rousey got the Female’s Submission of the Year two years in a row (2011 and 2012).
- In 2012 to 2014, Ronda Rousey was awarded Female Fighter of the Year in the World MMA Awards.
- Ronda Rousey was awarded the Most Outstanding Fighter of the Year in 2014.
- In 2015, Ronda Rousey’s first one-punch knockout win in UFC Women’s Bantamweight division history was against Bethe Correia at UFC 190.
- Ronda Rousey was ranked number 1 in the top 100 female singles wrestlers in the Pro Wrestling Illustrated Female 100 in 2018.
- Ronda Rousey has been deemed as a symbol of female empowerment.
- Fox Sports dubbed Ronda Rousey as “one of the defining athletes of the 21st century.”
- Ronda Rousey has never lost an MMA fight.
- Ronda Rousey used to work as a canine physical therapy assistant.
- Ronda Rousey used to be a vegan, but in 2012 her diet was a mix of Paleo and Warrior. She tries to eat everything organic.
- Ronda Rousey got engaged to Travis Browne on April 20, 2017 in New Zealand and got married on August 28, 2017 in Hawaii.
- Ronda Rousey is a fan of Pokemon and World of Warcraft.
Press Features and Advocacies
- In 2015, she raised money for the Black Jaguar White Tiger Foundation. Their purpose is to save big cats from circuses and zoos, and to give them the best life. She does this by selling signed T-shirts.
- Ronda Rousey supported Bernie Sanders in the 2016 United States presidential election.
- In February 2016, Ronda Rousey had an interview with Ellen DeGeneres.
- Ronda Rousey is also an actress and author. Her films include The Expendables 3 (2014), Furious 7 (2015), and Mile 22 (2018). She released her autobiography My Fight / Your Fight in 2015.
- In 2015, she became a ‘Sports Illustrated’ swimsuit model.
- Ronda Rousey was the love interest of the affable Turtle from the 2015 flick Entourage.
- In an appearance on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, Ronda Rousey locked the host in her signature submission hold.
Ronda Rousey Worksheets
This is a fantastic bundle which includes everything you need to know about Ronda Rousey across 24 in-depth pages. These are ready-to-use Ronda Rousey worksheets that are perfect for teaching students about Ronda Jean Rousey who is an American professional wrestler, actress, author, mixed martial artist, and judoka. Her nickname is Rowdy which was succeeded from late professional wrestler Roddy Piper.
Complete List Of Included Worksheets
- Ronda Rousey Facts
- Ronda’s Early Years
- Master of All Trades
- Career Beginnings
- Queen of Firsts
- Wrestling Record
- True or False
- Featuring Ronda
- UFC Hall of Fame
- Life of a Fighter
- Rousey Rhymes
Link/cite this page
If you reference any of the content on this page on your own website, please use the code below to cite this page as the original source.
Link will appear as Ronda Rousey Facts & Worksheets: https://kidskonnect.com - KidsKonnect, November 20, 2018
Use With Any Curriculum
These worksheets have been specifically designed for use with any international curriculum. You can use these worksheets as-is, or edit them using Google Slides to make them more specific to your own student ability levels and curriculum standards.