Your students will love learning about ecosystems and biomes with this comprehensive unit plan packed full of worksheets for 3rd to 5th grade!
Within this unit, multiple concepts are covered in relation to Ecosystems and Biomes. Below are listed the main concepts that students may understand by the completion of these worksheets.
This unit plan is available exclusively for Pro members. Not a member yet? For as little as $5 a month you can get instant access to hundreds of premium, Common Core aligned teaching resources - with more being added every month!
Concepts taught in this unit plan
- Understand that ecosystems can be characterized by living & non-living components:
- Describe and explain the interaction and interdependence between organisms in ecosystems
- Differentiate between 5 major biomes (and sub-biomes):
- Desert: Hot & Dry, Semi-Arid, Cold
- Marine: Oceans
- Forest: Temperate and Boreal Forests
- Tropical Rainforest
- Grasslands: Savannah & Temperate
- Tundra: Arctic & Alpine
- Explain the roles of organisms & flow of energy through ecosystem:
- Describe relationships between predator/prey
- Differentiate between producer, consumer, decomposer roles AND herbivores, carnivores, omnivores
- Describe and explain food webs & food chains
Worksheets included in this unit plan (PDF format)
- Word Wall Cards (Color & Black and White)
- Vocabulary Fold-a-ble
- Define and Draw Activity
- Vocabulary Quiz
- Vocabulary Quiz Answer Key
- Ecosystems Explained: Read and Highlight
- Ecosystems Fill-in-the-Blank
- Living Vs. Non-Living Sort Chart
- Living Vs. Non-Living Sort Cards
- Biomes of the World Graphic Organizer
- Biomes Activity
- Food Chains & Webs Videos & Questions
- Create-a-Food Chain Activity
- Create-a-Food Chain Cards
- Producer, Consumer, Decomposer Game Cards
- Blank Biome Graphic Organizers
Link/cite this page
If you reference any of the content on this page on your own website, please use the code below to cite this page as the original source.
Link will appear as Biomes and Ecosystem Worksheets: https://kidskonnect.com - KidsKonnect, March 13, 2016
Use With Any Curriculum
These worksheets have been specifically designed for use with any international curriculum. You can use these worksheets as-is, or edit them using Google Slides to make them more specific to your own student ability levels and curriculum standards.