An invention is a new thing that someone has made. The computer was an invention when it was first made. We say when it was “invented”. New things that are made or created are called inventions. Cars and plastics are inventions that everyone knows. Inventions are made by inventors.
This complete study guide is the perfect way to teach student all about the famous inventors and inventions of history with 8 worksheets and activities to choose from.
Each worksheet has been designed to specifically test the child’s knowledge and understanding of the history of Inventors & Inventions. Below are listed the main concepts that students may understand by the completion of these worksheets.
Concepts taught in this unit plan
- Students carefully read the text and answer challenging questions based on the accompanying study guide.
- Variety of worksheets and concepts to expand the students mind and align with common core study criteria.
- Key learning points:
- Encourages the student to apply knowledge learnt to their studies.
- Engages their brain in critical thinking.
- Worksheets aim to generate analysis and understanding of the history of Inventions & how they have shaped our future.
- The student will actively reflect on their studies.
- Creativity is challenged throughout due to the nature of some of the worksheets.
Included in This Worksheet (PDF Format)
- Study Guide & Fact File
- Inventors Quiz Sheet
- Inventors Brainstorm
- Inventors Acrostic Poem
- Inventors Word Scramble
- Inventors Word Scramble Answers
- Important Inventions
- Inventor Biography
- Your Invention
Use With Any Curriculum
These worksheets have been specifically designed for use with any international curriculum. You can use these worksheets as-is, or edit them using Google Slides to make them more specific to your own student ability levels and curriculum standards.