Download This Sample
This sample is exclusively for KidsKonnect members!
To download this worksheet, click the button below to signup for free (it only takes a minute) and you'll be brought right back to this page to start the download!
Sign Me Up
Table of Contents
See the fact file below for more information on the Robert Lewandowski or alternatively, you can download our 26-page Robert Lewandowski worksheet pack to utilise within the classroom or home environment.
Key Facts & Information
- Robert Lewandowski was born on August 21, 1988, in Warsaw, Poland. He was given an English name as his father believed Robert would have a future abroad.
- Robert’s father Krzysztof was a former judo player. He also played football for Hutnik Warsaw. He passed away in 2005.
- Robert’s mother Iwona played volleyball for AZS Warsaw. He has an older sister named Milena, who also played volleyball.
- As a child, Lewandowski was interested in sports. He excelled at basketball, volleyball, and handball.
- Lewandowski grew up in Leszno, Warsaw. He is from a Catholic family.
- He became interested in football at a young age despite concerns about his small stature.
- He spent his youth career with Partyzant Leszno and MKS Varsovia Warsaw.
- He joined Delta Warsaw in 2005.
- Lewandowski played for Legia Warsaw II from 2005–2006, and for Znicz Pruszków from 2006–2008.
- He debuted for Lech Poznań in 2008 and soon established himself as a goalscorer.
- He finished his first season in the Polish top division as one of the top goalscorers. His club won the Polish Cup and Polish Super Cup.
- He helped his club become champions of the 2009–10 Ekstraklasa while finishing as the top goalscorer.
- In 2010, agreements for Robert to join the Premier League club
- Blackburn Rovers and Italian club Genoa were both canceled.
- Lewandowski signed with the German club Borussia Dortmund in June 2010. The club ended as 2010–11 Bundesliga champions.
- The following season, Borussia Dortmund defended their Bundesliga title while also winning the 2011–12 DFB-Pokal. Lewandowski was one of the top goalscorers of both competitions.
- Borussia Dortmund finished as the runners-up of the 2013 UEFA Champions League. They later won the 2013 DFL-Supercup.
- He finished his last season with Dortmund as the top goalscorer of the 2013–14 Bundesliga.
- Lewandowski joined Bayern Munich in January 2014. He became a regular goalscorer for his club as they won the Bundesliga title. He also finished as one of the top goalscorers of the league.
- The 2015–16 season was successful for Lewandowski as Bayern won both the DFB-Pokal and Bundesliga.
- He achieved World Records after scoring 5 goals in 9 minutes.
- He came in fourth for the 2015 FIFA Ballon d’Or.
- Bayern defended their Bundesliga title while also winning the 2016 DFL-Supercup.
- Despite Bayern finishing second in the 2017–18 DFB-Pokal, Lewandowski was the top scorer.
- Bayern won the 2017 DFL-Supercup while defending their Bundesliga title. Robert was the league’s top scorer.
- During the 2018–19 season, Bayern won the DFB-Pokal, Bundesliga, and DFL-Supercup, with Robert as the top scorer.
- Lewandowski helped Bayern win the 2019–20 Bundesliga, DFB-Pokal, and UEFA Champions League. He was the top goalscorer across all competitions.
- Bayern won the 2020–21 Bundesliga and the 2020 UEFA Super Cup, DFL-Supercup, and FIFA Club World Cup.
- Lewandowski was named the Best FIFA Men’s Player 2020 and won the European Golden Shoe award.
- Lewandowski debuted for the Poland U19 team in 2007, and the U21 team in 2008. The same year, he moved up to the senior team.
- He participated in the UEFA Euro 2012 though Poland was eliminated early on.
- At the Euro 2016, Poland made it to the quarter-finals.
- He represented Poland at the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
- At the UEFA Euro 2020, Poland could not make it beyond the group stages.
- Lewandowski was consistently named the Polish Footballer of the Year from 2011–2017 and from 2019–2020.
- He is the captain and top all-time goalscorer of Poland.
OUTSIDE OF FOOTBALL
- In 2013, Lewandowski married Anna Stachurska, a Polish karateka and personal trainer.
- Their first daughter Klara was born in 2017, and a second daughter, Laura, was born in 2020.
- Lewandowski met Pope Francis in October 2014.
- He obtained a degree in Physical Education from the Academy of Sport Education in Warsaw.
- Other than Polish, Lewandowski speaks English and German.
- Robert and Anna have donated to the Children’s Memorial Health Institute in Warsaw and the Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity.
- He is a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador.
- In March 2020, he donated 1 million euros to help fight the coronavirus pandemic.
- Robert was featured on the cover of the FIFA 15 video game.
Robert Lewandowski Worksheets
This is a fantastic bundle which includes everything you need to know about Robert Lewandowski across 26 in-depth pages. These are ready-to-use Robert Lewandowski worksheets that are perfect for teaching students about Robert Lewandowski who is a Polish football player who is a forward for the Bundesliga club Bayern Munich and the Poland national team. He is known as one of the best forwards in football.
Complete List Of Included Worksheets
- Robert Lewandowski Facts
- Writing About Robert
- Team Lewandowski
- Ball of Truth
- Missing Key
- German Grounds
- Truth Be Told
- No I in Team
- Despite Everything
- Decorated Icon
- Showing Your Support
Link/cite this page
If you reference any of the content on this page on your own website, please use the code below to cite this page as the original source.
Link will appear as Robert Lewandowski Facts & Worksheets: https://kidskonnect.com - KidsKonnect, August 3, 2021
Use With Any Curriculum
These worksheets have been specifically designed for use with any international curriculum. You can use these worksheets as-is, or edit them using Google Slides to make them more specific to your own student ability levels and curriculum standards.