Download This Sample
This sample is exclusively for KidsKonnect members!
To download this worksheet, click the button below to signup for free (it only takes a minute) and you'll be brought right back to this page to start the download!
Sign Me Up
Zhuhai is a modern city in China’s southern Guangdong province on the border with Macau. Transformed into one of China’s first Special Economic Zones in 1980, today the city is known for its golf resorts, theme parks, and islands off the Pearl River Delta.
See the fact file below for more information on the Zhuhai or alternatively, you can download our 20-page Zhuhai worksheet pack to utilise within the classroom or home environment.
Key Facts & Information
- Zhuhai City, set up in 1979, is situated at the southern part of Guangdong Province, P.R. China.
- It is 140 km away from Guangzhou, stands on the western bank of the Pearl River estuary and is adjacent to the South China Sea, that borders Hong Kong and Shenzhen to the east by 36 nautical miles and Macao to the south by land.
- It lies between North Latitude 21° 48′～22°27′ and East Longitude 113°03′～114°19′. The land area covers 1,653 km² and sea area, 6,000 km², including 146 islands.
- The former county of Zhuhai was established in 1953, and was upgraded to a city in 1979.
- In 1980, it became one of the first special economic zones in China.
- It had a population of 1,233,500 in 2002.
- It has, under its jurisdiction, three administrative districts, namely, Xiangzhou, Jinwan, and Doumen, and five economic development zones, namely, the Zhuhai State-Level New-and Hi-Tech Industrial Development Zone, Zhuhai Free Trade Zone, Zhuhai Harbor Industrial Zone, Hengqin Economic Development Zone, and Wanshan Marine Development Experimental Zone.
- Today, Zhuhai has evolved from small border villages into a rapidly growing beautiful coastal city with modern economic development zones.
- Zhuhai has small temperature differences and has a subtropical maritime monsoon climate.
- High temperatures last all year long. Sometimes there is cold weather, but winter is not too cold and summer is not extremely hot.
- Zhuhai Airport was launched on June 18, 1995, and is one of the largest, most advanced civil airports in China.
- The terminal building covers 93,000 square meters of floor area. It is designed to handle 100,000 takeoffs and landings per year.
- Zhuhai Harbor has eight harbor areas, including Gaolan, Jiuzhou and Guishan. It is a key harbor on the South China coast. Currently, Zhuhai Harbor has 95 berths. Its high-speed passenger ferries regularly serve Hong Kong and Shenzhen.
- The Land Transportation has Major transportation links such as the Beijing-Zhuhai Expressway, South China Coastal Expressway, Guangzhou-Zhuhai Railway and Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge make transport to and from Zhuhai most convenient
- The 13 exhibition halls in the museum display a huge number of ancient ceramics, photos depicting the history of Zhuhai, collections of numerous items, and artefacts that date back to the Neolithic period.
- The ancient Chinese architecture of the building embedded within the green hills, overlooking a stretch of clear water, presents a picturesque scene when seen from afar.
- A statue of Buddha and an antique room can be found in the Great Hall in the building.
- Originally named ‘Rhino Looking at the Moon Mountain’ (犀牛望月山) because of its peculiar shape of a rhinoceros looking up at the sky, the Shijing Mountains are famous for their exotic stone landscapes.
- Seaside Park is a peaceful area to relax and enjoy the beautiful scenery, which comprises beautifully landscaped lawns, green woods, and stretches of blue sea punctuated by flying seagulls, and sailing boats.
This is a fantastic bundle which includes everything you need to know about the Zhuhai across 20 in-depth pages. These are ready-to-use Zhuhai worksheets that are perfect for teaching students about the Zhuhai is a modern city in China’s southern Guangdong province on the border with Macau. Transformed into one of China’s first Special Economic Zones in 1980, today the city is known for its golf resorts, theme parks, and islands off the Pearl River Delta.
Complete List Of Included Worksheets
- Zhuhai Facts
- Describe Me
- Complete Me
- Pic on a Pin
- A Friendly Letter
- True or False
- Historical Timeline
- Zhuhai Checklist
- Zhuhai Word
- Jumbled Zhuhai
- Four Fun Facts
Link/cite this page
If you reference any of the content on this page on your own website, please use the code below to cite this page as the original source.
Link will appear as Zhuhai Facts & Worksheets: https://kidskonnect.com - KidsKonnect, November 28, 2019
Use With Any Curriculum
These worksheets have been specifically designed for use with any international curriculum. You can use these worksheets as-is, or edit them using Google Slides to make them more specific to your own student ability levels and curriculum standards.