Download This Sample
This sample is exclusively for KidsKonnect members!
To download this worksheet, click the button below to signup for free (it only takes a minute) and you'll be brought right back to this page to start the download!
Sign Me Up
A flower is a part of a plant. Flowers are also called the bloom or blossom of a plant. The flower grows on a stalk – a thin node – which supports it. Flowers have petals. Inside the part of the flower that has petals are the parts which produce seeds. See the fact file below for more information about flowers.
Below are some interesting facts on Flowers or alternatively you can download our comprehensive worksheet pack to utilise within the classroom or home environment.
- In 1986 Congress voted to officially confirm the rose as the National Flower of the United States. Americans bought more than 1.2 billions fresh cut roses in 1996.
- Every state has a “state flower”.
- Flowers and flowering plants play a very important role in nature.
- Not only are flowers beautiful, but their seeds, fruit, roots, stems and leaves provide food for people and animals.
- Lilies are presumed to have originated from the Far East and are one of the oldest plants known.
- Tulips have an intricate history starting in 500 BC. The flower symbolized immortality, life and love. In the Seventeenth Century the bulbs of tulips were worth more than precious metals like gold.
- Flowers have been used for centuries in medicines and toiletries.
- California is the source of nearly 60% of all the USA-grown fresh cut flowers.
- The world’s largest flower is the Titan Arum. It can be found in Sumatran rainforests and is called the Corpse flower. It is approximately 2.5 yards. It is also the world’s smelliest. The world’s smallest flower is the Wolffia. Twelve Wolffia would fit on the head of a pin.
- The flower industry earns a lot of money each year. For example, the average cost of flowers for a wedding is $695.
This bundle contains 11 ready-to-use Iroquois Tribe Worksheets that are perfect for students who want to learn more about the Iroquois who are a group of people speaking the Iroquoian family language comprising of North American Indian tribes: The Cayuga, Cherokee, Huron, Mohawk, Oneida, Onondaga, Seneca, and Tuscarora.
Download includes the following worksheets:
- Flower Facts
- What Do You Call…
- Flower Word Search
- 4 Pictures, 1 Flower
- State Flowers
- What’s The Occasion
- Fact Or Fake
- Healing or Hygiene
- Draw, Describe, Define
- Caught On Camera
- Flowery Poetry
Link/cite this page
If you reference any of the content on this page on your own website, please use the code below to cite this page as the original source.
Link will appear as Flower Facts & Worksheets: https://kidskonnect.com - KidsKonnect, September 15, 2017
Use With Any Curriculum
These worksheets have been specifically designed for use with any international curriculum. You can use these worksheets as-is, or edit them using Google Slides to make them more specific to your own student ability levels and curriculum standards.