Download This Sample
This sample is exclusively for KidsKonnect members!
To download this worksheet, click the button below to signup for free (it only takes a minute) and you'll be brought right back to this page to start the download!
Sign Me Up
Geology is the study of the nonliving things that the Earth is made of. Geology is the study of rocks in the Earth’s crust. People who study geology are called geologists.
See the fact file below for more information about geology or alternatively you can download our comprehensive worksheet pack to utilise within the classroom or home environment.
- The word “geology” comes from the Greek word “ge” meaning rocks and “logos” meaning knowledge.
- Geology is the study of the Earth and what it is made of.
- Geologists also study events that have changed and shaped the Earth over time. They basically tell us the Earth’s story dating back billions of years.
- Geologists study the rocks, minerals, fossils, landforms and the layers of the Earth’s surface.
- Geologists spend a lot of time in the field collecting samples to study.
- In order to collect samples the geologists works with many of the same tools as the archeologist. They use: handpicks, brushes, pointed bricklayer’s trowel , hand shovel, dustpan, whisk broom, stakes, string, cameras, notebooks and pencils. Sometimes they even use a bulldozer.
- Geologists discovered the different layers of the Earth’s surface.
- Earthquakes, volcanoes and soil erosion affect all the people of the Earth, even if the geological event occurs halfway around the world. These events can change weather and air quality. They can also affect the oceans and other water features around the world.
- Food grown in the mid-western United States depends on accurate soil sampling. They also count of geologists to monitor soil erosion and water drainage.
- When certain kinds of fish seems to disappear, fishermen look to geologists to explain why, The geologist will look to activity in the ocean to find the reason.
This bundle contains 11 ready-to-use Geology Worksheets that are perfect for students who want to learn more about Geology which is the study of the nonliving things that the Earth is made of. Geology is the study of rocks in the Earth’s crust. People who study geology are called geologists.
Download includes the following worksheets:
- Geology Facts
- The Beginning – Picture Clue
- Pillars of Geology
- Geo-Planet – Letter Jumble
- The Precious
- Triple Match-up
- Study Application
- Time Hop in Pictures
- Fossil Guess
- Solar Elements
- Key Answers
Link/cite this page
If you reference any of the content on this page on your own website, please use the code below to cite this page as the original source.
Link will appear as Geology Facts & Worksheets: https://kidskonnect.com - KidsKonnect, October 27, 2017
Use With Any Curriculum
These worksheets have been specifically designed for use with any international curriculum. You can use these worksheets as-is, or edit them using Google Slides to make them more specific to your own student ability levels and curriculum standards.