- When it is Summer in the Southern Hemisphere, it is Winter in the Northern Hemisphere, and vice versa.
- Summer occurs because of the way the earth is tilted toward the sun. The hemisphere that is tilted in the direction of the sun experiences Summer and the hemisphere that is tilted away from the sun experiences Winter.
- Summer is the whole months of December, January, and February in the Southern Hemisphere, and the whole months of June, July, and August in the Northern Hemisphere.
- Summer is the season with the longest and warmest days of the year.
- Summer is the time of year that allows people to spend a great deal of time outdoors.
- Summer is when many crops are grown.
- Summer is the time when most children have a long vacation from school.
- In the United States, the Fourth of July and Labor Day are celebrated during the summer months.
- Many trees, shrubs and flowers grow the most during the summer.
Download the Summer Worksheet
This worksheet is free to download and use in the classroom to increase your summer knowledge.Download