Download This Sample
This sample is exclusively for KidsKonnect members!
To download this worksheet, click the button below to signup for free (it only takes a minute) and you'll be brought right back to this page to start the download!
Sign Me Up
The Northern Hemisphere is the northern half of the Earth (map). It begins at 0° or the equator and continues north until it reaches 90°N latitude or the North Pole.
See the fact file below for more information about the Northern Hemisphere or alternatively you can download our comprehensive worksheet pack to utilise within the classroom or home environment.
- The Northern Hemisphere includes all of North America, the northern parts of South America, about two-thirds of Africa, all of Asia excluding parts of Indonesia and all of Europe.
- Like the Southern Hemisphere, the Northern Hemisphere has a varied topography and climate. However, there is more land in the Northern Hemisphere so it is more diverse and this affects the weather patterns and climate there.
- Winter in the Northern Hemisphere lasts from around December 21 to the vernal equinox around March 20. Summer lasts from the summer solstice around June 21 to the autumnal equinox around September 21.
- The Northern Hemisphere encompasses a portion of the Tropics between the Tropic of Cancer and the equator. This area is usually hot all year round and has a rainy summer season.
- Because the Northern Hemisphere has more land area than the Southern Hemisphere, it should also be noted that the majority of Earth’s population and its largest cities are also in the northern half.
- When viewed from the Northern Hemisphere, the moon appears inverted compared to a view from the Southern Hemisphere.
- The North Pole faces away from the galactic center of the Milky Way. This results in the Milky Way being sparser and dimmer in the Northern Hemisphere compared to the Southern Hemisphere, making the Northern Hemisphere more suitable for deep-space observation, as it is not “blinded” by the Milky Way.
Northern Hemisphere Worksheets
This bundle contains 9 ready-to-use Northern Hemisphere Worksheets that are perfect for students who want to learn more about the Northern Hemisphere which is the northern half of the Earth (map). It begins at 0° or the equator and continues north until it reaches 90°N latitude or the North Pole.
Download includes the following worksheets:
- Southern Hemisphere Facts
- Seasons in the South – Four Seasons
- Quick Quiz
- Countries in the South – Africa
- The South Pacific Islands Matchup
- South America Letter Jumble
- The Rest of the South
- Southern Beauty – Take the Best Pics
- More Southern – Word Creator
- Key Answers
Link/cite this page
If you reference any of the content on this page on your own website, please use the code below to cite this page as the original source.
Link will appear as Northern Hemisphere Facts & Worksheets: https://kidskonnect.com - KidsKonnect, May 27, 2021
Use With Any Curriculum
These worksheets have been specifically designed for use with any international curriculum. You can use these worksheets as-is, or edit them using Google Slides to make them more specific to your own student ability levels and curriculum standards.