Download This Sample
This sample is exclusively for KidsKonnect members!
To download this worksheet, click the button below to signup for free (it only takes a minute) and you'll be brought right back to this page to start the download!
Sign Me Up
Express the length of an object as a whole number of length units by laying multiple copies of a shorter object (the length unit) end to end; understand that the length measurement of an object is the number of same-size length units that span it with no gaps or overlaps.
See the fact file below for more information on the measurement and data or alternatively, you can download our 22-page Measurement and Data: Measuring worksheet pack to utilise within the classroom or home environment.
Key Facts & Information
- At the end of the lesson, students will be able to make and use non-standard measuring tools to measure objects.
A NOTE FOR THE TEACHER:
- When teaching measuring for this common core standard, keep the following in mind:
- This standard uses non-standard units of measurement like cubes or paperclips.
- The idea is for students to layer measuring units against an object to determine how many units of length it is. Students will see that multiple copies or iterations of one object can be used to determine the length of another larger object.
- Ensure that when non-standard units of measurement are being used that there are no gaps or overlaps between the objects and that they’re straight.
- Express the length of an object as a whole number of length units by laying multiple copies of a shorter object (the length unit) end to end; understand that the length measurement of an object is the number of same-size length units that span it with no gaps or overlaps. Limit to contexts where the object being measured is spanned by a whole number of length units with no gaps or overlaps.
- The student will make and use non-standard measuring tools to measure objects.
- Let’s use paper clips to measure the following objects in the classroom.
- How many paper clips are used to measure the below?
Measurement and Data: Measuring CCSS 1.MD.2 Worksheets
This is a fantastic bundle that includes everything you need to know about Measurement and Data: Measuring across 22 in-depth pages. These are ready-to-use worksheets that align with the Common Core CCSS code 1.MD.2 for Measurement and Data: Measuring.
Table of contents
- A lesson plan
- Warm-up activity
- Math theory explained
- Assisted learning activities
- Independent learning activities
- Extension activities and games
- Answer keys
Link/cite this page
If you reference any of the content on this page on your own website, please use the code below to cite this page as the original source.
Link will appear as Measurement and Data: Measuring CCSS 1.MD.2 Facts & Worksheets: https://kidskonnect.com - KidsKonnect, May 5, 2021
Use With Any Curriculum
These worksheets have been specifically designed for use with any international curriculum. You can use these worksheets as-is, or edit them using Google Slides to make them more specific to your own student ability levels and curriculum standards.