Download This Sample
This sample is exclusively for KidsKonnect members!
To download this worksheet, click the button below to signup for free (it only takes a minute) and you'll be brought right back to this page to start the download!
Sign Me Up
Table of Contents
Measuring tools are devices we can use to compare an object’s length to a specific value in the metric system or the customary system. At the end of the lesson, the student will learn to measure an object’s length using a measuring device.
See the fact file below for more information on the measuring length or alternatively, you can download our 27-page Measurement & Data: Measuring Length CCSS 2.MD.1 CCSS 1.OA.5 worksheet pack to utilise within the classroom or home environment.
Key Facts & Information
- At the end of the lesson, the student will learn to measure an object’s length using a measuring device.
A NOTE FOR THE TEACHER
- When measuring length, take note of the following:
- Make sure your measuring device is not damaged or broken.
- Place the zero mark on the edge of the object and let the calibrations guide you.
- Do not get confused with the metric units of measurements and the customary units of measurements. So, always double-check!
- We can know how long or how short an object is by visually comparing it to another object. This method, however, only estimates the length of an object in comparison to another object.
- Measuring tools are devices we can use to compare an object’s length to a specific value in the metric system or the customary system.
- The metric system is composed of units of measurement in centimeters (cm), meters (m), and kilometers (km).
- The customary system is composed of units of measurement in inches (in), feet (ft), yards (yd), and miles (mi).
- Using a measuring device is the same as comparing an object’s length to another object, but the object gives a specific value of the measurement.
- These are the steps in using measuring tools for finding length:
- Ensure that you choose a measuring tool that is not shorter than the object you want to measure.
- Align the object with the measuring tool with its edge to the zero marks of the device.
- Let the marks guide you in knowing where the object ends. This end mark is the length of that object!
- Always double check your reading to avoid wrong measurements.
Measurement & Data: Measuring Length CCSS 2.MD.1 Worksheets
This is a fantastic bundle that includes everything you need to know about Measurement & Data: Measuring Length across 27 in-depth pages. These are ready-to-use worksheets that align with the Common Core CCSS code 2.MD.1 for Measurement & Data: Measuring Length.
Table of contents:
- A lesson plan
- Warm-up activity
- Math theory explained
- Assisted learning activities
- Independent learning activities
- Extension activities and games
- Answer keys
Link/cite this page
If you reference any of the content on this page on your own website, please use the code below to cite this page as the original source.
Link will appear as Measurement & Data: Measuring Length CCSS 2.MD.1 Facts & Worksheets: https://kidskonnect.com - KidsKonnect, August 11, 2021
Use With Any Curriculum
These worksheets have been specifically designed for use with any international curriculum. You can use these worksheets as-is, or edit them using Google Slides to make them more specific to your own student ability levels and curriculum standards.