Download This Sample
This sample is exclusively for KidsKonnect members!
To download this worksheet, click the button below to signup for free (it only takes a minute) and you'll be brought right back to this page to start the download!
Sign Me Up
Table of Contents
Marcelo Vieira is a Brazilian professional footballer who plays as a left back and captain for Spanish club Real Madrid and the Brazil national team.
See the fact file below for more information on Marcelo Vieira or alternatively, you can download our 25-page Marcelo Vieira worksheet pack to utilise within the classroom or home environment.
Key Facts & Information
Childhood And Early Career
- Marcelo Vieira da Silva Junior was born on May 12, 1988 in Rio de Janeiro. His parents are Maria da Silva, a former teacher and Marcelo Vieira da Silva a former fireman.
- He is one of the many Brazilians who started their career with futsal at their stepping stone and played in a 5-a-side team. By age 13, he was admitted to play for Fluminense in Rio de Janeiro.
- He considered quitting the sport as he couldn’t afford the kits and bus transportation, but his club made sure that he continued to play for them after witnessing a growing potential in him from Junior to Senior membership.
- Upon receiving a promotion to the first team in 2005, Marcelo started his professional career.
- He played for Fluminense for 2 seasons and made 30 appearances in total, scoring 6 goals, before moving to the Spanish capital. His performance earned him the national call.
- He made his debut in 2006 against Wales and wasted no time scoring for the Brazilian national team.
Real Madrid Career
- On January 7, 2007, Marcelo first donned a Real Madrid shirt and made his debut in the 2–0 defeat against Deportivo La Coruña from the bench.
- On April 4, he made his first start for Real Madrid against Racing de Santander.
- For the rest of the 2007-2008 season, he was a regular starter, supporting his team with outstanding ability, speed running across the field, attack, and defense.
“If you want to go fast go alone. If you want to go far, always go accompanied.”Marcelo Vieira
- The following season, however, Marcelo was plagued with poor performances, forcing the new manager, Juande Ramos, to put him on the bench.
- To find his value to the team, the manager sent him out to the winger position, to which he quickly adapted. He scored in important games so Marcelo was appointed to the position for two seasons.
- The coach trusted Marcelo and his defensive abilities, and he returned as a left-back from 2010-2011. Critics, coaches, pundits, and players all lauded his performance during the season.
- Marcelo had a terrific season and recorded significant achievements beginning from the 2012 season despite suffering various minor injuries.
- He played 24 games in his 2013-2014 season as team captain. He also played for the UEFA Champions League in 2014-2018.
- For the rest of the season, he became a regular starter, supporting his team with outstanding ability, speed running across the field, attack, and defense.
- From the 2017-2018 season onwards, Vieira’s appearances were reduced due to sporadic injuries. He was out of the game for 228 days due to injuries and missed 37 games to date. He played a total of 60 games in the next three seasons.
- Marcelo represented Brazil twice at the U17 level. Similarly, he debuted for Brazil at U20 in 4 matches.
- Throughout 2008-2012, he also played for the U23 side in the 2008 Beijing Olympics (bronze medal), and in the 2012 London Olympics (runner- up).
- Since 2006, Marcelo has also been a reserve for Brazil’s national team, eventually winning the 2013 FIFA Confederations Cup.
- With clubs
- Campeonato Carioca: 2005
- Taca Rio: 2005
- La Liga Titles: 2006/07, 2007/08, 2011/12, 2016/17
- UEFA Champions League: 2013/14, 2015/16, 2016/17, 2017/18
- Supercopa de Espana: 2008, 2012, 2017
- Copa del Rey: 2010/11, 2013/14
- FIFA Club World Cup: 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
- UEFA Super Cup: 2014, 2016, 2017
- With country
- 2005: FIFA U17 World Cup (runners-up)
- 2008: Olympic Bronze Medal
- 2012: Olympic Silver Medal
- 2013: FIFA Confederations Cup
- Individual awards
- 2006: Campeonato Brasileiro Série A Team of the Year
- 2010-2019: France Football Team of the decade
- UEFA TOTY: 2011, 2017, 2018
- FIFA FIFPro World11: 2012, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- UEFA Champions League Squad of the Season: 2015–16, 2016–17, 2017–18
- La Liga’s Team of the Season: 2015–16
- FIFA World Cup Dream Team: 2014, 2018
- L’Équipe Team of the Year 2016, 2017, 2018
- ESPN FC 100 Best left-back
- Facebook FA La Liga Best Defender: 2016
- ESM Team of the Year: 2015–16, 2016–17
- IFFHS Men’s World Team: 2017, 2018
- Samba Gold 2nd place 2018
“Thanks to football and my family today I am a complete person. I love and breathe football. I give my life for this. This is exactly what I want to show you: all the dedication, effort, courage and love!”Marcelo Vieira
- Marcelo married his longtime sweetheart Clarice Alves in 2008. She is an actress and an experienced Muay Thai player.
- They have two sons, Enzo Gattuso (born 2009) and Liam (born 2015).
- Marcelo is an avid dog lover, taking care of six dogs as pets.
- Marcelo has endorsements with Adidas and Fly Emirates. Adidas is responsible for providing his training kits and boots.
Marcelo Vieira Worksheets
This is a fantastic bundle that includes everything you need to know about Marcelo Vieira across 25 in-depth pages. These are ready-to-use Marcelo Vieira worksheets that are perfect for teaching students about the Marcelo Vieira who is a Brazilian professional footballer who plays as a left back and captain for Spanish club Real Madrid and the Brazil national team.
Complete List Of Included Worksheets
- Marcelo Vieira Facts
- Football Field
- Real Madrid
- Player Profile
- Playing Left Back
- Marcelo Tricks
- Football Qualities
- Marcelo Said…
- Vieira Wallpaper
- Football Clinic
- Commemorative Jersey
Link/cite this page
If you reference any of the content on this page on your own website, please use the code below to cite this page as the original source.
Link will appear as Marcelo Vieira Facts & Worksheets: https://kidskonnect.com - KidsKonnect, August 13, 2021
Use With Any Curriculum
These worksheets have been specifically designed for use with any international curriculum. You can use these worksheets as-is, or edit them using Google Slides to make them more specific to your own student ability levels and curriculum standards.