- Physics is the study of matter and energy and how they interact with each other.
- The energy can take the form of gravity, motion, light, electricity, radiation and many others.
- The energy that is dealt with in physics can range from sub-atomic particles to galaxies.
- Physics is an experimental science. The scientific method is used to form and test hypotheses (an educated guess or possible explanation) of observations in the natural world.
- All the matter that makes up the human race could fit in a sugar cube, because atoms are 99.9999999999999 % empty space.
- The lowest energy state of a atom is called the ground state.
- Sunlight exerts pressure, or solar radiation pressure.
- The mass of our entire atmosphere is estimated to be some 5.5 quadrillion tons (55 followed by 14 zeros).
- Many physicists believe wormholes (a “shortcut” through space and time) exist all around us but they are smaller than atoms.
- Some of the main physics formulas deal with 1D motion, 2D & 3D motion, the laws of motion, work energy, power, circular motion, gravitation, the properties of matter and electricity.
Link/cite this page
If you reference any of the content on this page on your own website, please use the code below to cite this page as the original source.
Link will appear as Physics Facts: https://kidskonnect.com - KidsKonnect, February 1, 2011