Download This Sample
This sample is exclusively for KidsKonnect members!
To download this worksheet, click the button below to signup for free (it only takes a minute) and you'll be brought right back to this page to start the download!
Sign Me Up
Table of Contents
Physics, a branch of science, is the study of forces and their impacts on the environment. Modern physics connects ideas together about the laws of symmetry and conservation (energy, momentum, charge, and parity).
See the fact file below for more information on the Physics or alternatively, you can download our 27-page Physics worksheet pack to utilise within the classroom or home environment.
Key Facts & Information
- Physics is the study of matter and energy and how they interact with each other.
- Energy can take the form of gravity, motion, light, electricity, radiation and many others.
- The energy that is dealt with in physics can range from subatomic particles to galaxies.
- Physics is an experimental science. The scientific method is used to form and test hypotheses (an educated guess or possible explanation) of observations in the natural world.
- All the matter that makes up the human race could fit in a sugar cube, because atoms are 99.9999999999999% empty space.
- The lowest energy state of an atom is called the ground state.
- Sunlight exerts pressure, or solar radiation pressure.
- The mass of our entire atmosphere is estimated to be some 5.5 quadrillion tons (55 followed by 14 zeros).
- Many physicists believe wormholes (a “shortcut” through space and time) exist all around us but they are smaller than atoms.
- Some of the main physics formulas deal with 1D motion, 2D & 3D motion, the laws of motion, work energy, power, circular motion, gravitation, the properties of matter and electricity.
BRANCHES OF PHYSICS
- There are two main branches of physics: classical physics and modern physics.
- Classical physics – physics developed up to year 1900 BCE is considered classical physics. It deals with Newton’s laws of motion, the law of gravitation, Maxwell’s kinetic theory and thermodynamics. Its main subdivisions are as follows:
- Mechanics: studies motion of objects under the action of given forces.
- Optics: studies physical aspects of light, its properties, and use of optical instruments.
- Sound and wave motion: studies physical aspects of sound waves, their production, properties, and applications.
- Heat and thermodynamics: studies the process of heat, its transmission, and changes in its function.
- Electromagnetism: studies the charges at rest and in motion, their effects, and their relationship with magnetism.
- Modern physics – is concerned with the theory of relativity and quantum mechanics. In modern physics, energy and matter are not considered as separate entities. They are considered different forms.
- Atomic physics: studies the interaction of atoms and their radiations. it is concerned with the arrangement and behaviour of electrons in the shells around the nucleus.
- Nuclear physics: deals with the structure of the nucleus and the interactions of the nuclear particles.
- Quantum physics: it is the science dealing with the behavior of matter and light on the atomic and subatomic scale.
- Theory of Relativity: In 1915, Einstein presented a general theory of relativity in which the definition of gravitation was also explained.
- Cosmology and space exploration: It is the study of the origin, structure and the movement of various celestial bodies. In space exploration, the launch and the study of man-made or artificial satellites and the information received from them is also analyzed.
- Bio physics: The study of biological problems and phenomenons by using techniques of physics. Major application and achievement of biophysics is D.N.A.
- Nuclear physics: It deals with the constituents, structure, behaviour and interactions of atomic nuclei.
This is a fantastic bundle which includes everything you need to know about the Physics across 27 in-depth pages. These are ready-to-use Physics worksheets that are perfect for teaching students about the physics, a branch of science, which is the study of forces and their impacts on the environment. Modern physics connects ideas together about the laws of symmetry and conservation (energy, momentum, charge, and parity).
Complete List Of Included Worksheets
- Laws of Physics
- Visual Appreciation
- Newton’s Laws
- Scientific Method
- Measurement in Physics
- Being a Physicist
- The Smartest Physicist
- Basic Physics
- Universal Physics
- Fun with Physics
Link/cite this page
If you reference any of the content on this page on your own website, please use the code below to cite this page as the original source.
Link will appear as Physics Facts & Worksheets: https://kidskonnect.com - KidsKonnect, September 3, 2020
Use With Any Curriculum
These worksheets have been specifically designed for use with any international curriculum. You can use these worksheets as-is, or edit them using Google Slides to make them more specific to your own student ability levels and curriculum standards.